Friday 21 August 2009

Absolutely Legless @ the Edinburgh Fringe (it's a show, honest)

The ThreeWeeks review of Absolutely Legless (this blog title isn't a description of the local nightlife), a night of Irish dancing and music:

During this show, the man behind me kept rocking my chair with his tapping foot, so I could tell he was enjoying himself. It wasn't so easy to tell with the dancers - why must they look so miserable? With the upbeat, vibrant and energetic tunes being played with such verve by the musicians of Absolutely Legless, you'd think the dancers could smile more, but they seemed content to let the joy come from their feet, not from their faces. Don't get me wrong; their footwork is electric. I just wanted their faces to be lit up too. If variations of Riverdance interspersed with songs are your thing, then go see this. Foot-tappingly good.

tw rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment